Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 11 Update

Well it's been a few days and progress has been made so I thought I would share. I guess if you were watching me you probably wouldn't notice the progress so much, but is happening. I notice differences in the pain, such as when I wake up in the morning. At first the pain would wake me quite early in the morning like 4am. Now it seems like it doesn't wake me until closer to 6. The other difference is that the morning pain is more tolerable, it is still quite severe but tolerable.

Another difference is the pain in movement. The simple things like getting up off of a chair is less painful. Who would have thought that the simple things could hurt so much? Either way the intensity  and frequency of pain is lessening when it comes to the small things like that.

Unfortunately my doctor refuses to lower the strength of my pain meds because he thinks that I am not ready for it and that I will end up suffering and taking longer to heal. Apparently I will heal better and faster with less pain. I think it makes sense because I need to be up and moving to stimulate healing and I won't do that if I am in misery.

Yesterday was day 10 and I had an appointment with the surgeon. He was quite happy with the outcome of the surgery and the progress being made. I got to see the xrays of my spine post surgery and managed to take a few photos of them. All in all it seems as though things are moving very well. The surgeons advice to me was to live my life, do what my body will let me, stop when it protests and reach a little further every so often.


No comments:

Post a Comment