Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2 Years!

Well, here we are TWO years and five days post-op! At this point I would like to report that I am still a successful spinal decompression / fusion surgery recipient. Very little has changed in the way of pain since my last report except for a couple of minor details.

One detail is that I occasionally get what I believe is a 'phantom pain', I will get that nerve pain sensation, but it will be very short lived and with no intensity. Although this does still happen once in a while, it is occurring less frequently all the time.

The second detail is that with the dampness in cool weather I will get achy. Sometimes the ache will be quite painful, but nowhere near as painful as what was happening pre-surgery. I am assuming that the old timers are correct with all the arthritis wives tales about being able to predict the weather. This is something that I went into surgery knowing would more than likely happen. I will assume that as the years go on I may get more and more achy depending upon the weather. With any luck it will get no worse than it is now. Either way I will still be better off than I was before.

I will try to remember to get back and post at the year three mark, or if there is any significant changes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment