Monday, July 4, 2011

Pre-Op

Went to pre-op today. Lots of poking and prodding. Tons of questions, with paperwork out the wazoo. The day started out with registering at admitting, who then sent us up to the lab where they took my pee along with 4 vials of my blood and an ecg. They then sent us over to the pre-op clinic where we registered once again and headed for the waiting room. Eventually a nurse came and got us to weigh and measure me, then send us back to the waiting room. Along came another nurse who took me into a small room to interrogate me...errr, I mean ask me relevant medical questions. Once she was finished her routine she sent us back to the waiting room. Then the anaethetist came and got us to beat me down some more. Once we were done with her we were free to go. Of course it was now 11:30 (two hours later) and we were starving because we had not yet eaten. So we tried on the cafeteria food for size.

Over all things went pretty well. I learned a few things, including the fact that a pre-op takes two hours not 30 minutes, surgery is on schedule for 8 am on Thursday and I will have a self administered pain pump post surgery. So I will legally and at no cost be able to stay as high as I want until they pull the plug on it. And I almost forgot, the surgeon has me booked in hospital for 4 days not three, and the surgery for 4 hours.

Now the clock is ticking faster than ever and the nerves are building.

No comments:

Post a Comment