Saturday, July 2, 2011

Preparations

I finally opened my pre op package yesterday from the hospital. Surgery is at 8:00am on Thursday. We have to be there at least 2 hours ahead of time. Christie is not very excited about this, being there at 6 means we will be leaving by 5-5:30 and she doesn't do mornings very well. I don't mind because I'll be going back to sleep at 8. The thing that bothers me is that my stomach has to be empty so I can't have a morning coffee.

We've been getting things ready for post surgery. Most things aren't too exciting, but everything is making me feel old. Things like this.



Of course I am finding my own fun with the grabber, the cat and dog don't seem to appreciate my fun and neither does Christie. There is plenty to prepare and I'm sure that I will forget or not even think of many things. Thankfully I have Christie and she seems to think of everything. In the end we will probably never be prepared enough but we'll get through it.

I wish there was more to write about pre-op but there just isn't, aside from boredom that is. I'm sure post-op there will be plenty to write about. The problem will be that I just may be in too much pain or too dopey from the pain meds to do much writing. I guess we will just have to let time tell the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment